Arrival and Dismissal Policy
ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL POLICY
Hot/Cold Breakfast from 7:30 am to 8 am
- Students enter at Main Entrance
- Students eating breakfast: Cafeteria
- Students not eating breakfast: Schoolyard
- There will no longer be breakfast in the classroom.
- Please note that 3K and PreK students eat breakfast in the classroom between 8:10 am and 8:30 am.
- 3K students use Entrance 6 around back of building
- PreK students use Entrance 5 around back of building
- Kindergarten students enter through the Main Entrance and go to the Auditorium
- Grade 1 to 5 students line up at their assigned spots in schoolyard
- Grades 1 and 3 use Entrance C
- Grades 2 and 4 use Entrance B
- Grade 5 uses back lobby Entrance
- In inclement weather, students who arrive early and are NOT eating breakfast can enter the auditorium beginning at 7:45am.
- Students are dismissed at the same locations for arrival
- Exception: Kindergarten students are dismissed in the schoolyard
- Sheltering Arms students are brought to the lunchroom by their teacher or classroom para after late students are assembled with Mr. Frannzy (Afterschool begins on September 19th)
- Bussing students report to Ms. Redd in the main lobby
Late Dismissal Procedure
We understand that emergencies arise. In the event that you can not pick up your child(ren) at 2:25 PM, we ask that you call and inform the Main office. With this being said, picking up your child after 2:20 PM should not become an everyday occurrence.
- Students remaining at 2:20 PM are brought to the auditorium.
- Parents arriving after 2:20 PM must sign out their child(ren).
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Early Pick Up Procedure
- Early pick-up may only be requested if an emergency arises.
- All early pick-up requests must be in writing via email to Ms. Tomblin (email@example.com) by 1:00 PM.
- Verbal requests can not be honored, in order to ensure students’ safety.
- Early pick up must be completed by 1:30 PM.
- Any families requesting early pick up and do not arrive by 1:30 PM, will need to wait for regular dismissal in the schoolyard at 2:20 PM.
- Pick-up person must enter through the main lobby, present ID, and sign out your child at school safety.
- School safety will then call the main office.
- Office staff will check your child’s blue card to ensure the person is listed.
- A member of our staff will contact your child's teacher so that they may pack up.
- A member of our staff will escort your child(ren) to the main lobby.
Thank you for your continued cooperation!